Smally’s Biltong is a variety of dried, cured meat that originated in South Africa.
The word biltong is from the Dutch bil (“rump”) and tong (“strip” or ‘tongue”). Made from various types of meat, ranging from beef and game meats to fillets of ostrich from commercial farms. Similar to beef jerky, biltong is a spiced, dried meat, yet they are by no means the same. The typical ingredients, taste and production differ – the key difference being biltong is dried and then sliced whereas jerky is sliced before drying.
- HIGH PROTEIN & GLUTEN FREE – Our biltong is gluten-free, and the protein content is over 50% for each pack.
- NO ADDED SUGAR – We do not add any unnecessary sugar to our biltong, meaning you can enjoy without the guilt.
- THE PERFECT SNACK – Our great tasting biltong can be used for any occasion. Whether it’s as a weekend treat, or a keen sports-person looking for that extra boost of protein.
- UK & IRISH GRASS-FED BEEF – We have a commitment to only ever use UK and Irish grass-fed beef. We feel that this makes the difference between good biltong and great biltong!
- HIGH QUALITY, GREAT VALUE – Our belief is that everyone should be able to taste our delicious biltong, that’s why we are one of the most competitive on the market.
|Nutritional Info||Per 100g||Per 28g|
|Energy||1046kj / 247kcal||293kj / 69kcal|
|(of which saturates)||2g||0.56g|
|(of which sugars)|| <0.1g|| <0.1g|
Beef (250g per 100g of finished product), Roasted Coriander, Rock Salt, Black Cracked Pepper, Fine Black Pepper, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cayenne Pepper, Preservative (Potassium Sorbate)